Feeling exhausted and overwhelmed after a hectic week? Treat yourself to some serious self-love with a rejuvenating Self-Care Saturday! It’s the perfect way to recharge your batteries, unwind, and show yourself some much-needed TLC every weekend.
With 100 weekend self-care ideas, you can give your well-being a boost, even if you’re short on time!
What is Self-Care and Why is it Important?
Self-care is any intentional activity that you do to take care of your mental, emotional, and physical well-being.
It can be anything from taking a relaxing bath to practising yoga, simply spending time in nature or engaging in your most-loved hobbies.
Self-care helps us to reduce stress, improve our mood, give our energy levels a boost, and just make us feel a heck of a lot better!
Best of all, you don’t even need a lot of time to fit regular self-care into your routine!
The Benefits of Regular Self-Care Activities
In case you’re still not convinced, here are a few reasons why you should most definitely be adding in a little self-love every single day, no matter what you’ve got going on:
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Boost your energy levels
- Improve your mood
- Encourages healthier choices
- Increase your productivity and focus
- Improve your relationships with others
- Enhance your overall sense of well-being
- Supports healthy mindset habits
- Reduces the likelihood of burning out
What Self-Care Isn’t!
A lot of people assume self-care needs to be some big ordeal that needs a whole lot of time.
That’s not the case. It doesn’t need to be an expensive spa day or involve any kind of expense at all. And it most definitely doesn’t need to be earned in order to reward yourself!
It’s simply the intentional act of doing something that makes you feel good!
And what that looks like for you might look very different to anyone else, which is perfectly normal!
Want to combine self-care with social time? Host your own weekend self-care party with friends!
What Is Self-Care Saturday?
So, what is self-care Saturday?
Well, it’s simply a fun way to prioritise weekly self-care and ensure that you’re making time for yourself.
That’s not to say you can’t do these activities any other day of the week. For you, it might make more sense to have Self-Care Sunday or Wednesday Wellness!
In fact, doing a little something every single day is a far better way to show yourself love and appreciation, but in case you want to make a set day for it, Self-Care Saturday is a great starting point.
Fun & Relaxing Self-Care Saturday Ideas
Here is a list of Saturday Self-Care activities (or anytime self care ideas) to help you relax, rejuvenate, and recharge on the weekends:
- Have a bubble bath
- Spend some time doing intentional journaling on your thoughts and feelings
- Attend a yoga or meditation class
- Watch your favourite movie or TV show
- Have a picnic in the park
- Take a nap
- Go for a walk in nature
- Spend time with loved ones
- Do a mindfulness activity like a puzzle or colouring pages
- Have a DIY spa day at home
- Try a new recipe and enjoy cooking a delicious meal
- Visit a new museum or exhibit
- Take a photography walk
- Do a digital detox and stay off social media for the day
- Spend time in your garden or start a new plant project
- Listen to a podcast or audiobook
- Dance to your favourite songs
- Go on a hike
- Sketch something in nature
- Watch a comedy video and have a big belly laugh
- Paint a picture
- Spend time with your pets or volunteer at an animal shelter
- Go on a bike ride
- Practice gratitude by making a list of things you’re thankful for
- Take a scenic drive
- Attend a comedy show or improv night
- Write a letter to a loved one or friend
- Spend time by the water, like the beach or lake
- Have a game night with friends or family
- Try a new hobby or craft
- Spend time doing your favourite hobby
- Watch the sunrise or sunset
- Read a book
- Have a technology-free day
- Stretch your body
- Practice deep breathing
- Light a scented candle or diffuse essential oils
- Have a staycation at home
- Put a treatment in your hair
- Clear your to-do list (the mood boost at the end is worth it)
- Plan a life admin day to check off things you’ve been meaning to do
- Create a vision board for your goals and aspirations
- Go on a shopping spree or treat yourself to something nice
- Spend time in a botanical garden or arboretum
- Visit a historic site or museum
- Attend a virtual concert or live-stream event
- Learn a new language or skill online
- Have a DIY craft day with friends
- Drink enough water
- Stargaze in your backyard at night
- Spend time in a sensory deprivation tank
- Create a bucket list
- Do a guided meditation exercise
- Go on a solo adventure, like a solo hike or road trip
- Have a mindful, technology-free meal with family or friends
- Go on a weekend camping trip
- Have a relaxing day at the beach or lake
- Create a DIY home decor project or furniture makeover
- Attend a personal development workshop or seminar
- Have a movie marathon or binge-watch your favourite TV show
- Have a pyjama day at home
- Spend time doing something creative, like cardmaking or writing
- Spend time with animals, like horseback riding or visiting a farm
- Try a new restaurant or cuisine
- Spend time in a dark sky reserve or planetarium
- Go on a boat ride or rent a paddleboat with friends
- Attend a local food or wine festival
- Have a creative writing or journaling day
- Enjoy your favourite treat
- Spend time doing a DIY home improvement project
- Try calligraphy or hand-lettering
- Plan a trip or vacation to a new destination.
- Have a sleep-in and get out of bed late
- Nourish your body with fresh produce and healthy foods
- Send some kind messages to people you know
- Phone a friend for a chat
- Sit in the sunshine (don’t forget your sunscreen)
- Cuddle someone you love
- Play with your kids (or other kids you know)
- Listen to a motivational podcast or audiobook
- Reevaluate your goals
- Share intimate moments with your significant other
- Write yourself a letter of self-love
- Find some positive affirmations about self-care you love and put them on display
- Buy yourself fresh flowers
- Book a pedicure or manicure
- Get your haircut, coloured or styled (how good does a salon wash feel!?)
- Go on a romantic date
- Have a sleepover with your besties
- Make yourself a coffee (or drink of choice) and take your time enjoying it
- Identify your personal boundaries
- Do a random act of kindness
- Go for a run or do a vigorous workout
- Learn about your & your partners’ love languages
- Pick a word of the year
- Put on an outfit that makes you feel confident
- Schedule some time alone with yourself
- Declutter a space in your home
- Flip through photo albums or your camera roll
- Start a travel or special occasion scrapbook
With this mammoth list of self-care Saturday ideas, there is no reason why you can’t fit at least one of these into your weekend routine, no matter how much you’ve got planned! And if you’ve got time during the week, these well-being activities are great for any time that you’ve got the time (and the need) for a little mood boost!
Now go give yourself some self-care!