Words have the power to motivate, guide, and encourage us to stop living on auto-pilot and start living our best lives. Let these intentional living quotes be a source of inspiration to help you strive towards a life full of purpose.
We’ll explore some amazing quotes about living intentionally from authors, leaders and anonymous sources who are passionate about living an intentional life.
Whether you are looking for quotes about intentional living to share on Instagram or thoughtful images to share, these inspirational words provide us with motivation and encouragement to live life on purpose and make every moment count.
Living intentionally is a powerful concept that can have profound effects on our lives.
If you’re looking to make a change, take a chance, or simply desire to live more intentionally, these quotes will encourage you to take action towards creating the life you truly desire.
Intentional Living Quotes To Inspire A Purposeful Life
We can use intentional living quotes to remind ourselves of the importance of making conscious choices and taking control of our lives. These inspirational words provide us with motivation and encouragement to live life on purpose and make every moment count.
Feel free to share these quote images. Don’t forget to tag me at @theintentionhabit
- Nothing is worth more than this day. You cannot relive yesterday. Tomorrow is still beyond your reach. – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
2. Intentional living means having the courage to live the life you truly want, rather than settling for a life others expect of you. – Author unknown
3. I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practising gratitude. – Brene Brown
4. When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier. – Roy E. Disney
5. Don’t work too hard to the point where you forget to enjoy the journey. Life is a marathon, not a sprint.
6. Don’t wait for everything to be perfect before you enjoy your life.
7. Saying no to one thing is saying yes to the possibility of another. – Ellie Roscher
8. Intentionality is the art of being fully present in each moment and making conscious choices that align with our values.
9. Being intentional is not a destination, but a journey of self-discovery, growth and transformation.
10. Habit is more dependable. Habit will sustain you whether you’re inspired or not. Habit will help you finish and polish your stories. Inspiration won’t. Habit is persistence in practice. – Octavia Butler
11. Note to self; None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an afterthought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else. – Nanea Hoffman
This is definitely one of my favourite quotes about being intentional with your time and purpose.
How often do we treat ourselves with something special, only to hold onto it for a ‘special occasion’? I have been so guilty of this over the years, from expensive perfumes that I rarely used because they seemed too special for everyday use to that beautiful set of scrapbooking papers that I never created with.
Now is the time to choose the things that make us happy. Tomorrow is not promised!
12. Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively; unless you can choose a challenge instead of competence. – Eleanor Roosevelt
13. Intentional living requires us to be brave and courageous, and to take risks and step outside of our comfort zones in pursuit of our dreams. – Author unknown
14. Sometimes we need to say “No. I can’t do that right now” with no further explanation. – Holly Homer
15. Living with purpose is about creating a life that feels right to you. Not one that looks good to others.
16. We were never meant to live life accumulating stuff. We were meant to live simply enjoying the experiences of life, the people of life, and the journey of life – not the things of life. – Joshua Becker
17. We are frantically trying to buy things we’re too busy to enjoy. Balance comes when you stop, look at your life, and assess the things you genuinely want for yourself and your family. Be intentional. Work less. – Zina Harrington
18. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. – Mae West
19. Intentional days create a life on purpose. – Adrienne Enns
20. A year from now you may wish you had started today. – Karen Lamb
How true is that! So many things that we could have been much further ahead in if we didn’t let our doubts and insecurities hold us back. Instead of waiting, just get started!
21. No amount of money ever bought a second of time. – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
22. Life is no a dress rehearsal. – Rose Tremain
Such simple words but so impactful and one of my favourite intentional living quotes! A great reminder to give it our best every time since we aren’t practising at life. This is the real deal!
23. Don’t just drift through life. Live intentionally and on purpose. – Joshua Becker
24. We all deal with setbacks but in the long run the quality of our lives often depends on the quality of our habits.
James Clear is the author of one of my favourite books – ‘Atomic Habits’. This book is a practical guide to creating habits and stacking those habits as a way of achieving our ‘goals’ as a way to make them more actionable and sustainable.
25. When you discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life. – Jean Shinoda Bolen
26. Do you know what is the greatest gift anyone can receive in his lifetime? The greatest gift we can receive is to have the chance, just one chance in our lives, to make a difference – Dr. Stephen Strange
27. Minimalism isn’t about removing things you love. It’s about removing the things that distract you from the things you love. – Joshua Becker
I am certainly not a minimalist, but I think anyone can appreciate this quote about intentional living and minimalism. Quite often there are many things in our lives that can be removed in order to make our experience even better. Not just excess clutter, either!
28. We take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude. – Cynthia Ozick
29. I choose to make the rest of my life the best of my life. – Louise Hay
30. Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today. – Will Rogers
31. It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live. – Albus Dumbledore
I hope these intentional living quotes have provided you with the inspiration and motivation to embrace a more purposeful lifestyle. Remember, the benefits of intentional living are a mindful and deliberate approach to life that leads to greater fulfilment and happiness.
By making small choices each day that align with our values, we can gradually reshape our lives into something meaningful and rewarding.
You might also like these simple living quotes.
Which quote is your favourite?