Words have the power to inspire and guide us towards a simpler, more purposeful life. Let these simple living quotes be a source of inspiration for you to simplify your life and simplify your home, and focus on the things that truly matter.
From renowned authors and leaders to anonymous sources, these quotes about simple living offer a range of perspectives on living with intention, minimalism and the joy of less.
Whether you’re seeking quotes to share on social media or words to motivate your own journey to simplify your life, these insightful words can encourage you to take action and create the life you desire.
Simple Living Quotes To Inspire A Simplified Life
These quotes remind us that simplicity, minimalism, and intentional living are about more than just getting rid of physical possessions.
They are about creating space for what truly matters, finding joy in the little things, and living with purpose. Use them as a guide as you work towards simplifying your life and creating a space that is both beautiful and meaningful.
Feel free to share these quote images. Don’t forget to tag me at @theintentionhabit
- ‘When you discover something that nourishes your soul and brings you joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.’ – Jean Shinoda Bolen
2. ‘We were never meant to live life accumulating stuff. We were meant to live simply enjoying the experiences of life, the people of life, and the journey of life – not the things of life.’ – Joshua Becker
3. ‘In a society that has you counting money, pounds, calories and steps, be a rebel and count your blessings instead.’ – Lisa Heckman
4. ‘Minimalism isn’t about removing things you love. It’s about removing the things that distract you from the things you love.’ – Joshua Becker
5. ‘We are frantically trying to earn enough money to buy things we’re too busy to enjoy. Balance comes when you stop, look at your life, and access the things you genuinely want for yourself and your family. Be intentional, work less.’ – Zina Harrington
How quickly life can pass us by when we are trying to juggle all the things and be the best in every single area. But are all of those areas of your life worth all the effort you are giving them? Probably not!
This is such a great reminder to really consider what you want your life to be and what you really need to find that happiness. It’s probably not working extra hours every week…
6. ‘When we simplify, we rediscover our priorities and regain our clarity and focus.’
7. ‘Decluttering is not about getting rid of everything.’ – Author Unknown
8. ‘I would rather have extra space and extra time than extra stuff.’ – Francine Jay
9. ‘Minimalism is not about having less, it’s about. making room for more of what matters.’
10. ‘Simplifying your life is about focusing on what’s truly important to you.’
11. Minimalism is the intentional stripping away of the unnecessary, leaving only what is essential for a joy filled life.’
12. ‘Simplicity is not a destination, but a journey. It’s about constantly refining and prioritising what truly matters.’
13. ‘Less stuff, less stress, more life.’
14. ‘Minimalism is the practice of letting go of the things that no longer serve us, so that we can make room for the things that do.’
15. ‘The space in which we live should be for the person we are becoming now, not for the person we were in the past.’
16. ‘Simplifying your life isn’t just about decluttering your physical space, it’s also about clearing mental and emotional clutter.’
17. ‘Your home is living space, not storage space.’ – Francine Jay
Simple words with huge impact! We don’t want to live in a storage space. We don’t want our home to feel like a museum of a life that has passed by. Surround yourself only with what is meaningful now.
18. ‘Declutter your mind, your heart, your home. Let go of the heaviness that is weighing you down. Make room for the good, the new, the beautiful.’
19. ‘Minimalism is not the lack of something. It is simply the perfect amount of something.’ – Najahyia Chinchilla
20. ‘A cluttered life leads to a disorganised mind. Simplify your surroundings and clear your thoughts.’
21. ‘Clutter isn’t just the stuff in your closet, it’s anything that gets between you and the life that you want to be living.’ – Peter Walsh
I love this reminder that clutter can go beyond the physical items in our lives. We have mental clutter, digital clutter, sentimental clutter. There are many areas of our life that can be simplified.
22. ‘No amount of money ever bought a second of time.’ – Tony Stark
23. ‘Once we give up being attached to physical possessions, we find the time and freedom to follow bigger dreams.’ – Joshua Becker
24. ‘Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.’ – William Morris
25. ‘We buy things we don’t need with money we don’t have to impress people we don’t like.’ – Dave Ramsey
These simple living quotes serve as powerful reminders to live intentionally and prioritise what truly matters in life. Whether you’re feeling overwhelmed by clutter, stress, or the demands of daily life, these quotes can offer guidance and inspiration to simplify and focus on what’s truly important.
Take a moment to reflect on these quotes and consider how they can apply to your own life. Remember, the power to create a simpler, more purposeful life is within your grasp.
What changes can you make to live more intentionally and simplify your life?
You might also like these quotes: