Are you looking for intentional journaling prompts to help you gain clarity on your thoughts and feelings? Writing down your thoughts can help you find meaning in them, helping you make better decisions that align with your goals.
These intentional journaling prompts will help you live your life with purpose and self-awareness and can often be a key tool in helping you live a more intentional lifestyle.
What Is Intentional Journaling?
Intentional journaling is a practice of writing down your thoughts and emotions in a way that helps you gain clarity, release stress, and connect with yourself on a deeper level.
For a more in-depth look at journaling with intention and how to get started, read my intentional journaling guide here.
Intentional Journaling Prompts
Sometimes we need a little extra help digging into our feelings, and these journaling prompts can be just the thing we need to get started.
These specific prompts encourage reflection and self-exploration and they can also help you overcome writer’s block when you just aren’t sure what to write during your morning journaling exercise.
They are also perfect if you’re new to journaling and need a little help getting started.
Here are 75 intention journal prompts to help you gain clarity on your thoughts and feelings:
Life Journal Prompts
- What is one thing I’m grateful for today?
- What do I want to prioritise today?
- How can I make sure that my needs are met today?
- If I could give my younger self one piece, what would it be?
- What are three things you need to let go of to move forward?
- What is something you are struggling with right now?
- What is your favorite memory and why does it stand out to you?
- What is one thing you’ve been putting off and why?
- What have you learned recently that has changed your perspective?
- What is one thing you’re excited about in the future?
- What is one thing you’re proud of yourself for?
- What is one thing you wish you could change about yourself and why?
- What is a habit you would like to start?
- What time of the day are you most productive? Least productive?
- How does your perfect day look?
- What is something you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t yet?
- What has been worrying you lately?
- What is a book that had a big impact on you and why?
- What is an affirmation that can help you right now?
- What is something that instantly makes your day better?
- What is one way you can be kind to yourself today?
- What is something special about you that makes you unique?
- What would you do differently if you knew no one was watching?
- What is a creative way you like to express yourself?
- If time and money weren’t an issue, what would you do with your life?
- What qualities about yourself are you most proud of?
Love & Relationship Journal Prompts
- How can I make a positive difference in the lives of others?
- Who are the people in your life that bring you joy? How?
- What is one thing you can do to be more present in the moment?
- What is one thing you can do to improve your relationship with your family members?
- What is one thing you can do to improve your relationships with friends?
- What is one thing you can do to improve your relationships with coworkers?
- What is one thing you can do to improve your relationship with your significant other?
- What is something kind you have done for someone else recently?
- What is something kind someone else has done for you recently?
- What is the best gift you’ve ever received from someone?
- How would your perfect date look?
- What qualities do you think are most important in a romantic partner?
- What are some new ways you could spend time with your family?
- What are some new activities you could do with your friends?
- How would you spend a day with someone special?
Career & Goal Setting Journal Prompts
- What are three goals that I would like to achieve this month?
- What would you do if you could not fail?
- What is your biggest accomplishment and what did you learn from it?
- What is your biggest regret and what did you learn from it?
- What are your biggest fears and how do they hold you back?
- What is one thing you can do to support your career?
- What is one change you can make to improve your finances?
- What are some ways you could improve your living space right now?
- Do you believe you have a work-life balance? How could you improve this?
- What does success look like for you?
- What are the top three things you could do to improve your time management?
- Which skills have I learned in the past that can help me now?
- What would your dream job be?
- What are three steps you could take to achieve your goals?
- How can I break down my long-term goals into short-term steps?
- What would a perfect day at work look like?
- What are some ways you could make your workspace more conducive to productivity?
- If you had the resources and time, what project would you like to work on?
- How do your current goals align with your long-term dreams?
- What is one thing you could do to make a positive impact at work this week?
- What would be the one thing that would make you feel more accomplished right now?
Health & Wellness Journal Prompts
- What are three things you love about yourself?
- What is one thing you can do to improve your physical health?
- What is one thing you can do to improve your mental health?
- What is one thing you can do to improve your relationship with yourself?
- What are your favourite ways to practice self-care?
- How can you make sure that you get enough sleep each night?
- How have you been nourishing your body recently?
- Are there any unhealthy habits that need changing?
- What is one small step you can take to get closer to your health goals?
- What is the best way for you to cope with stress?
- What are some of your favourite activities for relaxation?
- Do you have a goal for physical activity this month?
- What is a food you should have less of? What could you replace it with?
By intentionally exploring these prompts, you can gain a better understanding of your own thoughts and emotions, and make progress towards your personal and professional goals. Whether you’re looking to reduce stress, increase self-awareness, or gain clarity on your purpose in life, intentional journaling prompts can be a valuable tool in your personal growth journey.
- How to choose a ‘word of the year’
- Plan your intentional morning routine
- Monthly goal ideas
- Affirmations for a growth mindset
- Self love journaling prompts