We all have habits, some good, and some bad. Many of us have tried to change unhealthy habits, by going to the gym, changing our diets, etc. But did you know that daily healthy habits can also transform your life significantly?
Boost your overall health and wellness through small habits that have a significant impact on your overall lifestyle. From minimising the risk of health issues to developing new habits that boost your mood and life satisfaction. Sometimes it’s the smallest changes that have the greatest impact.
This list of 100 healthy habits will help you level up, create better habits, and transform your life without making drastic changes to your lifestyle.
The Power Of Good Habits
Research has shown that people who have ingrained positive habits in their daily routines are more likely to be happier, healthier, and more successful in life.
Good habits promote positive mental health and physical health, which leads to improved performance in all areas of your life.
Having healthy habits can help you cultivate discipline, self-confidence, and a strong sense of purpose too.
Positive daily habits that prioritise our health, and well-being, and taking action in our lives can bring us countless benefits and can lead to long-term success. But best of all, they can help us to live a happier life too!
100 Healthy Habits You Should Start Today
There are healthy habits to help you live a long life full of happiness and joy. Not all healthy habits are directly related to your physical health though.
Many are simply engaging in good habits on a regular basis that have a secondary impact of great health benefits.
Here is a list of healthy habits that you can incorporate into your daily routine to transform your life:
- Wake up early
- Drink a glass of warm lemon water before breakfast
- Make your bed every morning
- Meditate or practice mindfulness for at least 5 minutes daily
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes every day
- Eat a healthy breakfast within an hour of waking up
- Limit caffeine intake
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day
- Take frequent breaks to stretch and move around if you have a desk job
- Write down three things you are grateful for each day
- Take regular breaks from electronic devices
- Do something creative every day, such as painting or writing
- Have a weekly meal plan and stick to it
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Floss your teeth daily
- Go to bed early
- Get 8 hours of sleep each night
- Write in a journal each day
- Apply skincare products before bed
- Wear sunscreen every day
- Read a chapter a day
- Practice good posture
- Spend time in nature & get some extra vitamin D
- No screens at the dining table
- Eat a nourishing meal each day
- Volunteer your time
- Clean your kitchen every night
- Move your body daily
- Go for a daily walk
- Learn a new recipe each week
- Take a break from social media
- Practice deep breathing exercises
- Keep your living space tidy and clutter-free
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Spend quality time with loved ones
- Have a plant-based meal at least once a week
- Get regular check-ups and screenings
- Reduce alcohol
- Cut down coffee
- Dust your home
- Have a one in one out rule for bringing new items into your home
- Limit fizzy drinks
- Lower your sugar intake
- Keep a household budget
- Have a no-spend weekend every month
- Take daily vitamins
- Use affirmations to counter negative self-talk
- Learn to say no
- Daily self-care
- Tidy your desk at the end of the workday
- Inbox zero
- Stop comparing yourself to others
- Visualise your goals
- Pay your bills on time
- Listen to music that makes you feel good
- Don’t be a people pleaser
- Spend time with animals
- Connect with friends and family regularly
- Take a day off social media every week
- Pursue a hobby that brings you joy
- Get outside of your comfort zone regularly
- Spend time alone with yourself every week
- Declutter your space regularly
- Do a Sunday reset each week
- Listen to your body and take rest when needed
- Practice forgiveness and let go of grudges
- Start your day with positivity, such as a mantra or affirmation
- Learn to play an instrument
- Wear clothes that make you feel confident
- Set your intentions for the life you want to live
- Stop obsessing over the things that are out of your control
- Practice slow living
- Travel often and explore new places
- Learn to manage stress effectively
- Take care of your mental health
- Eliminate things and people that make you feel inadequate
- Create a morning routine and an evening routine
- Disconnect from work completely after working hours
- Give yourself permission to be imperfect sometimes
- Celebrate your accomplishments
- Compliment yourself regularly
- Set boundaries with toxic people
- Take action towards your goals every day
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Limit your exposure to negative news and media
- Plan your day the night before
- Practice self-reflection
- Laugh every day
- Set realistic expectations for yourself
- Find ways to express your love and appreciation towards the important people in your life
- Don’t leave your kitchen a mess overnight
- Silence your device overnight (or leave it in another room)
- Wear clothes and accessories that make you feel good
- Track your habits
- Consume content that motivates you
- Choose more whole foods (whole grains, green leafy vegetables & healthy snacks)
- No screens before bed
- Unfollow social media accounts that make you feel bad
- Put away your laundry the same day
- Perform random acts of kindness
Tips For Making Your Habits Stick
You can bring about a complete lifestyle change through small daily habits. Here are some tips on helping you stick with your new habits and ditching bad habits too:
- Start small and build momentum – Instead of trying to change all your habits at once, start with one or two that are most important to you and focus on them until they become second nature.
- Be consistent – Consistency is key when it comes to forming new habits. Try to stick to your chosen habit every day for at least 30 days before evaluating its impact.
- Find an accountability partner – Having someone to hold you accountable can be motivating and help you stay on track with your new habits. This could be a friend, family member, or even a coach.
- Reward yourself – Celebrate small wins and accomplishments along the way to keep yourself motivated and encouraged.
- Stay positive – Changing habits can be challenging, but don’t beat yourself up if you slip up. Instead, focus on getting back on track and remind yourself of the benefits of your new habits.
- Keep track of your progress – Use a habit tracker or journal to monitor your progress and see how far you’ve come. This can also help you identify patterns and areas for improvement.
Incorporating positive habits into your daily routine can lead to a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life. The habits listed above are just a starting point, and there are countless other healthy habits to explore and adopt.
Change starts with small steps, so choose a few small habits that resonate with you, and start working on them consistently. With time you will see a positive transformation in yourself. The power of good habits is immeasurable, and it’s never too late to start creating them.