Are you ready to plan some fun solo date ideas to give yourself a self-love boost?
When our time and focus are pulled in so many directions each day, it’s easy to forget about taking care of and really nurturing ourselves. Yes, self-care is amazing and essential. But let’s step it up a level!
That’s where dating yourself comes in—a concept that encourages you to treat yourself with the same love and attention you would dedicate to a romantic partner.
By going on solo dates, you can reconnect with yourself, discover new interests, and boost your self-love. After all, there is no relationship in your life more important than the one you have with yourself!
Why Should You Date Yourself?
Dating yourself is an amazing way to learn more about what we like, need, and want in life. It can make us more intentional with our time and it can be the ultimate self-care practice!
Many women feel that they lose their identity through certain stages of life – becoming a mother, focusing on their careers or starting a relationship.
Our time is spent filling our duties and attending to other people’s needs so we might forget what it is that even fills our own cup anymore!
As such, dating yourself allows you the opportunity for a little ‘me-time’ – to reconnect with yourself and fall in love with every unique aspect of your being.
It can also help you recognise and appreciate the things about yourself that make you special.
It is also the perfect regular activity to incorporate into your personal self-love journey!
Here are some reasons why solo dates are a valuable practice:
- Self-Love & Acceptance: Dating yourself allows you to get a deeper sense of self-love and personal acceptance. That means a happier, more confident you!
- Rediscover Your Interests: It’s easy to lose touch with the things that you’re really passionate about and the hobbies you once loved! By dating yourself, you can reignite your curiosity and explore new interests or rekindle old ones.
- Independence and Empowerment: Engaging in solo dates empowers you to embrace your independence, make decisions solely for yourself, and become more self-reliant. Not relying on others is a huge confidence boost!
- Reflection: Spending quality time with yourself allows for introspection and renewed self-discovery, helping you understand your desires, life goals, and personal values on a much deeper level.
- Love Yourself First: Before you can love someone else with your whole heart, you need to be able to love yourself first. Solo dates are an amazing way to practice self-love and put it into action.
How To Plan The Perfect Self-Date For You
Now that you understand the importance of dating yourself, how do you plan a solo date? Here’s a guide on setting up your perfect solo retreat day or solo date night:
- Set Aside Dedicated Time: Block out a specific date and time for your solo date in your calendar. Treat it as an important commitment to yourself.
- Set Intentions: Reflect on what you hope to gain from your solo date. Is it relaxation, inspiration, or personal growth? When you know your intentions for that specific date, it will help you make the most of your time.
- Choose a Meaningful Activity: Consider activities and locations that resonate with you and what you need right now. Is it self-care you need? Is it fun? Is it time away from other people?
- Take Time Getting Ready: Dedicate time to preparing and getting ready for your solo date just like you would with a romantic date. You deserve the same level of attention as someone else would get from you!
- Disconnect from Distractions: Switch off your phone or put it on silent mode. This allows you to be fully present and avoid any unnecessary distractions as you date yourself.
You’ve heard of planning a weekly or monthly date night with a partner. Dating yourself should be prioritised the same way! Make it a regular part of your schedule, such as during your self-care Saturday morning routine or a self-date night each month.
The simple practice of taking yourself out on dates can transform the way you spend your solo time!
100 Fun Solo Date Ideas
Now, let’s dive into the exciting part—100 fun solo date ideas that will give you a self-love boost and recharge your personal ‘batteries’!
Remember, these ideas are meant to inspire you, so feel make sure you adapt them to your own personal perfect solo-date ideas!
- Spend a day exploring your city like a tourist.
- Book in for a massage.
- Visit a touring exhibit or event that’s nearby.
- Take a spontaneous road trip to a nearby hidden gem.
- Set up a cozy blanket fort in your living room and spend a day reading.
- Take yourself out for a fancy dinner at that restaurant you want to try.
- Attend a local art class and unleash your inner artist.
- Get lost in a captivating novel at a charming bookstore café.
- Try your hand at indoor rock climbing.
- Explore a nearby hiking trail.
- Attend a live concert or musical performance.
- Create a vision board filled with your dreams and aspirations.
- Treat yourself to a solo picnic in a picturesque park.
- Take a scenic bike ride through your city or countryside.
- Attend a meditation or yoga retreat.
- Visit a local farmer’s market.
- Indulge in a spa day at home.
- Volunteer at a charity organisation that is near to your heart.
- Challenge yourself with an escape room experience.
- Go stargazing on a clear night.
- Explore a museum or art gallery.
- Take a scenic train ride to a nearby town.
- Try a new workout class.
- Get a pedicure.
- Visit a local botanical garden.
- Take yourself out for a solo movie date.
- Have a solo dance party in your living room.
- Learn a musical instrument.
- Attend a self-improvement workshop or seminar.
- Take a cooking class.
- Do a guided meditation.
- Start a journaling practice to capture your thoughts and experiences.
- Set up a DIY spa night with homemade face masks and scrubs.
- Visit a local wildlife sanctuary.
- Have a cozy night in with your favourite solitaire card games.
- Do a puzzle.
- Try some new photography techniques with your camera or phone.
- Spend a day at the beach.
- Experiment with a new hairstyle or makeup look.
- Attend a local theatre production.
- Get your hair done at the salon
- Start a DIY project or craft.
- Subscribe to a monthly activity subscription box like the KiwiCo Maker Crate for a monthly creative date idea.
- Go on a solo kayaking or paddleboarding adventure.
- Treat yourself to a solo date at a fancy high tea experience.
- Attend a wine or beer-tasting event.
- Do a cheese tasting.
- Visit a historical landmark or museum to learn about your local history.
- Have a picnic at the park.
- Take a walk in nature listening to an audiobook.
- Plan a solo camping trip.
- Treat yourself to a shopping spree.
- Get a salon hair wash.
- Book a facial at the day spa.
- Read a book in the bath.
- Have a digital detox and try some mindfulness activities.
- Cook yourself a fancy 3-course meal.
- Spend a night at a resort or hotel.
- Get a manicure.
- Visit a local aquarium.
- Have a solo sips and dips (wine and paint) night at home.
- Write letters to yourself and seal them away.
- Create a scrapbook.
- Do a new fitness or yoga routine from YouTube.
- Go to the ballet.
- Try something that scares you like bungee jumping or skydiving.
- Go to an amusement park (solo riders usually get to skip the line).
- Cool off at a waterpark.
- Spend an afternoon at the library.
- Collect shells at the beach.
- Attend a local sporting event.
- Go fruit picking.
- Attend a comedy show or open mic night.
- Get up early and watch the sunrise.
- Find a beautiful spot to watch the sunset.
- Do some random acts of kindness for others.
- Try something you’ve always wanted to try.
- Start a vlog.
- Go ice skating.
- Visit an indoor trampoline park.
- Take yourself out for breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert.
- Go to a rollerskating rink.
- Visit a bar and try a new cocktail.
- Have a mega sleep-in.
- Change around a room or space in your home.
- Buy some pretty new decor to give your home a makeover.
- Go to the park and have a swing.
- Spend time colouring in.
- Go for a drive with the windows down and music up.
- Take a pottery class.
- Do some gardening.
- Write a list of all the things you love about yourself.
- Attend a poetry reading.
- Take yourself out for ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- Do something creative like writing, painting, drawing etc.
- Take a day trip to somewhere you’ve never been before.
- Go to a local flea market or antique store.
- Organise a photoshoot of yourself.
- Create a 5-year plan to manifest your future goals and dreams.
- Make a list of all the things you are grateful for in your life.
Dating yourself is a powerful practice that can transform your relationship with yourself! These solo date ideas are fun and include options for self-care, personal growth and just the chance to have a good time without needing anyone else to do so! So, go ahead and plan your next solo date!